Monday, February 18, 2008

My Mom's 50th Birthday Party

My dad threw a big surprise party for my mom on her 50th birthday, Valentine's Day. It was so fun to pull one over on her. She was shocked. It was at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake and about 90 family members and friends came. People came because they love my mom and wanted her to have a good time. She is constantly doing for others and forgetting herself, so it was so great to work so hard planning something for her. My sister Maggie did most of the work, and my dad. They really did a great job. Mags should be a party planner!

7 comments:

the Kasallis family said...

so fun! you guys are so cute. what a fun thing for your mom! i need to call you. i got your message tonight. andy and i would love to do something with you guys this weekend. we're heading to texas, though, on friday morning... but we're free thursday night if you guys are.

critts said...

Sounds like it as a great time! So glad we got to see you guys this weekend.

Shelly said...

Yeah Rach! I am so happy that you started a blog. Even though you are heading down my way I am happy to still keep updated on your life through this too. I can't wait for you to come to AZ. talk to you soon

Sarah said...

this is so neat- my mom said the ballons were over the top! she and susan said they were trying to count them but couldnt! so cute! LOVE your mom!

KACI JOHNSON said...

rach i am so happy i stumbled across your blog. my mom was telling me about your mom's fun bday bash. that is so awesome that you all put it together for her. she's so lucky to have you guys!

Briawna said...

hey, i found your blog on the kasallis' blog. I'm really bummed you guys will be moving. Palmer's last friend from the old days is leaving and it means that I'm still, yes still, in Provo!

Heidi said...

Rach- It's Heid. I found your blog through Sarah's. You need to get Abby to update her blog every once in a while. Anyway, my parents went to this party and said it was super classy (of course).

It is fun to see your little fam!